I know, the picture says a lot about my passing week till now. Many of you don’t know, I was sick for last few days so was at home resting, in short chilling. Having lone time gives you so much flexibility to think about new things which we usually keep ignoring or forgetting in our busy schedule.
I got few days off and completed reading 2 amazing books (i love reading, but alas! i don’t get time for it anymore). One book is in the picture above; this baby was waiting on my bookshelf from ages. No seriously, I completed the other parts of it like almost 2 years back and believe me it’s a nice read (wink).
Now let’s move our attention to the old classic drink in the picture, which i enjoyed the most in last few days after my precious sleep. Oh, yes!! I am sleepoholic (is that even a word), not sure that’s like my favorite hobby. This lemonade is with a twist and is amazing for baby shower, b’day party this old classy drink is best choice for all occasion … even for a bachelorette too with a touch of vodka! After all nothing is best than a tall glass of chilled lemonade to refresh you and to give you that zesty kick for keep going, it’s so refreshing.
prep time: 20 mins serves: 2
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 10 lemons)
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup water and mix thoroughly. You can heat the water it will help to dissolve the sugar quickly. If you are heating it, then after mixing wait for some time and let it cool.
- In a pitcher add the remaining 4 cup of water, lemon juice, cranberry juice and salt.
- Add the sugar-water mix to the lemonade.
- Sieve the lemonade to remove any pulp (optional, depends on what you like).
- Fill a tall glass with lots of ice and pour the lemonade over it and serve chilled.
Note: – To make it as cocktail add vodka as per your choice