Are you just thirsty? Pregnant? Religious restrictions? Or Hosting a party with children. Well, the non-alcoholic drink recipes I am sharing with you is sure to please your senses. Confession! I never liked coconut and pineapple combo in past. Whenever I go out with my BFF, she always order this drink… of course the alcoholic version of it. And I never able to understood that why its her’s favorite cocktail.
I have decided to avoid alcohol for sometime, I know it’s kinda impossible, but I have decided to clean my system, eating out, junk and lots of sweet sometimes messes with your health… so I am on with detox kind a diet from last one week, will keep you buddies updated on how it is going.
So on last Saturday, I was getting bored at home alone and was kinda hungry. Guess what luckily a huge pineapple was sitting on my fridge shelf and coconut milk too and I end up trying this with a twist of toasted shredded coconut and to my surprise I just loved it so much that I actually lick the single drop of it from the glass.
Pina Colada with Toasted Coconut
Prep time: 10 Serves: 2
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon honey/agave syrup
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6-8 cubes of Ice
- Toast the shredded coconut and keep it aside.
- Put pineapple, coconut milk, honey and ice in blender and blend until smooth.
- Coat the rim of your glass with a bit of honey and than roll it in toasted coconut and pour the blended mix in the glass.
- Garnish with a slice of pineapple and toasted coconut flakes.
Note: You can use frozen pineapple instead of fresh, in that case if you don’t want it to be too cold, avoid ice and you can add your choice of alcohol if you like.