FRIDAY!! and guess what my weekend started early as I was working from home today due to our new dining table which reached home an hour back. While I was waiting for the delivery I made some mango margarita madness for myself to enjoy some me time. Mango is a favorite fruit in my house, so I tried to make everything including a bit of mango. Which is kind of impossible, but still I gave few tries and made a mango salsa, mango cream-popsicle.
Mango Chili Margarita
Prep time: 20-25 mins Serves: 2
- 1 ripe mango, cubed (1 cup)
- 240 ml orange juice
- 2 small limes juice
- 75 – 85 ml silver tequila
- 30 ml triple sec or orange liqueur
- 15-45 ml Tbsp honey or maple syrup (depending on sweetness of mango)
CHILI SALT RIM
- 1 lime wedge for rimming
- 1 tsp chili powder + 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add all margarita ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness / strength of alcohol as desired.
- To chill, blend in a large handful of ice cubes to make a frozen margarita.
- Rim serving glasses with a lime wedge and immediately dip in salt/chili powder mixture (or sub just salt or sugar, your choice), and fill with 1 large ice cube or several small. Pour over margarita and garnish with lime wedge.